Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Awaiting Answers

Well I started to read Kari's blog a few weeks ago when we found out that we may be about to adopt our little miracle baby boy through the foster care system. And since than my life has been on a roller coaster of emotions. So I thought maybe writing and sharing would easy some of the fear and sadness I have coursing through me right now.

For those of you who don't know me. My name is Tina and my husband and I are new foster parents. We went into this knowing we may only be able to share our love for a short time, but hoping to be able to adopt through the foster care system. We had only had one placement since we were licensed when we got the call there was a infant needing a home and this would be a good chance for adoption. We were so happy. We found out later he may not stay with us and it has broke our hearts. We still pray every night and may times through out the day that he will be our forever son and we will be his forever parents. We hope for the best, but am preparing ourselves for the worst.

We also have a 3 yr. old foster daughter with us. We took her in thinking it would only be a week or so that she was her and her case has ended up in limbo. So we spend days just awaiting answers.

I love both of these children and I know that we have showed them every single bit of love that we have in us and I know my heart will break when they leave, but I will atleast know they were loved while them were here.

So my husband and I have started this wonderful journey. And our first placement brought many surprises to our house. The first and most important being the amount of love you can show a child even when you know they may only be with you for a short time. The others, well weren't so nice....She brought a pretty nasty cold this way and a lovely outbreak of ringworm. So if this post doesn't make any sense I do apologize. I am sleep deprived with a 1 month old, on cold medicine, and treating myself for a pretty nasty case of ringworm. But I wouldn't change any of it.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Welcome to the world of blogging - Kari got me hooked, too! I pray that you will be able to keep your little boy - my husband and I are hoping to adopt a younger child to join our other two.

I'm sure it's hard to say goodbye to your little fd. Our first placement ended up our forever children, so we haven't gone through that kind of loss yet, but I'm sure it will happen to us, too.