Well the day and time have finally came for our fd to leave our nest. She was suppose to be a short term placement of a week. Well that was 6 or 7 weeks ago. We are going to miss her greatly. She has been the best little girl, considering what she has been through. We know she is leaving tomorrow. The time on the other hand is up for grabs. The caseworker says one thing, mom says another and I am just the foster parent who knows nothing. Well maybe not, but that is sure how I feel right now.
She was our first full time foster child and she has taught us a lot. It is so amazing to see what a 3 yr. old can teach a 30 something year old couple. We have also learned many things. I have found out African American hair is not as scary as I thought it was. In fact if I must say so myself I think I have become pretty good at doing it. There skin though I am still struggling with, but she isn't going home any worse off than what she came with for dry skin.
So tomorrow night is going to be different in our house. Only an infant no 3 yr. old any more. I knew when she came she was only short term, but she still managed to wrap my heart all around her. So after she leaves she will be greatly missed. I think Chris, my husband, is going to miss her too. When I told him she was leaving last night he said we had to go and get her a going home present. So he found a sleepy Dora dolly for her . I found this funny because we normally don't spend a lot on presents and Dora was over $20 and he said she needed her. I just smiled because in my heart I knew he was going to miss her too.
So I am writing this post with tears in my eyes and prayers in my heart, for a little girl who became the world to us while she was here.